Owl Canyon Eggs
Owl Canyon Eggs… from Happy Hens
Grant Farms CSA provides local, pasture-raised eggs from honestly, happy hens.
Organic, Pasture-raised eggs are available in half-dozen and dozen packages.
It is our goal to give our members the finest quality, most wholesome eggs possible. We are committed to taking the necessary steps to implement and maintain a sound Food Safety Management Program. Although we cannot eliminate all hazards, we will do everything possible to reduce hazards.
How are our Chickens Raised?
Our chickens are pasture-raised and forage for insects, scraps, and fresh greens from the surrounding vineyard pasture. This makes their eggs more nutrient-dense and healthier for you to eat! It also means that our hens live long, happy lives.
If you have questions about our eggs, or would like to schedule a time to tour and visit the farm, please call 970.568.7654
Why eat Pastured Eggs?
According to independent nutritional analysis, when comparing Pasture Raised Eggs vs. Conventional Eggs, pasture raised eggs contain:
- 1/3 less LDL (“Bad”) Cholesterol
- 1/4 less Saturated Fat
- 2/3 more Vitamin A
- 2-6 times more Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- 3 times more Vitamin E
- 4-6 times more Vitamin D
- 7 times more Beta Carotene
- Higher levels of folic acid have also shown up in some testing.
- In addition to this, some results have shown the presence of Vitamin C – which is a first for eggs.
- This dramatically different nutritional value can be attributed to the different diets of the birds which produce these two types of eggs.
- Our birds eat their natural diet – foraging around for all types of seeds, green plants, worms, and insects.
- We supplement our hens with Organic, Non-GMO Feed
- Eggs Share – 1/2 dozen: $3.50/week, $91/26 week season
- Eggs Share – 1 dozen: $5.50/week, $143/26 week season